Grow Festival Explorer Trail app and competition
Bring Grow Festival to life with this fun augmented reality app and be in with a chance to WIN an iPad!
Follow the Grow Festival Explorer Trail to discover weird and wonderful watery fun and facts! Simply download the FREE augmented reality Grow Festival app to your mobile device from the App Store or Google Play before starting your family adventure!
A brand new outdoor arts festival is being launched in Corby this summer. Commissioned by Made in Corby and co-produced by The Core at Corby Cube, Grow Festival 2018 takes place on Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd July. To accompany the festival, the Grow Festival Explorer Trail app has been designed for exclusive use where Grow Festival will take place, around Corby town centre, through Corby’s central woodland and around the boating lake.
Brought to you by Made in Corby and The Core at Corby Cube, the Grow Festival Explorer Trail allows families to follow an interactive walking trail, finding clues along the way. Once you’ve completed the trail you’ll need to answer three questions about Grow Festival to enter the competition to win an iPad, but make sure you keep your eyes open for clues as you walk around!
Whilst you journey along the self-led trail you’ll discover circular trigger points (check the app’s map for trigger point markers), when scanned in the app will bring a 3D water droplet character animation to life. When you find a trigger point, follow the instructions in the app to see something magical appear! You’ll be able to discover some interesting water facts from festival partner Anglian Water, exciting sneak previews of what is going to happen in the festival…and more!
Can YOU find all 7 points on the explorer trail?
The Grow Festival Explorer Trail app encourages families to spend quality time taking a family walk together as part of a digital experience which mixes augmented reality technology with the real worlds of nature and water sustainability. The app also signposts families to fantastic outdoor art experiences which include more opportunities to participate in real life water sustainability activities with Anglian Water at their Grow Festival Water Zone.
The Grow Festival trail launches in June 2018 and will end at the end of July 2018.
Suitable for little kids and big kids!
The Grow Festival app has been developed and animated by RJDM Studios and is available for free with no in-app purchases.
N.B. You must be over 16 to enter the competition. Please ensure you give the app permission to access your camera when prompted.
Please email email@example.com if you have any difficulties in using the app.
Competition Term & Conditions
1. This competition is open to residents of the UK aged over 16.
2. Employees of Groundwork Northamptonshire or any associated project and their immediate families, or Grow Festival partners and their immediate families are not eligible to enter the competition.
3. Only one entry per person is allowed. Any entrant who enters more than the permitted maximum will have additional entries disqualified. Anyone seen sharing answers to the competition online will be disqualified.
4. The prize is a 128GB iPad in Space Grey (model MP2H2B/A).
5. The competition closes on 31st July and the prize draw will take place in the following week from entries that have answered the three questions correctly.
6. A winner will be selected at random by using www.random.org.
7. The winner will be contacted by telephone and email. If we cannot contact the winner by telephone or email we will contact you by post. If the winner cannot be contacted 2 weeks after the letter has been sent the prize will be re-drawn.
8. The prize must be collected in person by the winner from the Made In Corby project base at the Corby office of Groundwork Northamptonshire (Grosvenor House, George Street, Corby, Northamptonshire NN17 1QB) at a pre-arranged time within 2 weeks of the winner being notified. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
9. In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, Groundwork Northamptonshire in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
10. Groundwork Northamptonshire cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize.
11. Prizes are non–transferable and there is no cash alternative.
12. The winner’s name will be announced on social media and on the website www.madeincorby.co.uk.
13. The winner must be willing to have their photo taken with the prize (upon collection) and for their photo and name to be published on the Made In Corby project website and on the Made In Corby project social media channels.
15. Postcode data of entrants will be used in anonymised format as part of our action research into new audiences for art in Corby in accordance with the Groundwork Northamptonshire funding agreement with Arts Council England for the Made In Corby project.
16. Entering the competition is not dependant upon signing up for the Grow Festival email newsletter.
17. Neither Apple Inc nor Google Play have any involvement in this competition either as sponsors or any other role.