- This event has passed.
Big Days Out – Compton Verney
September 16 @ 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Sunday 16th September 2018
Compton Verney Art Gallery and Park
9am– Meet at Corby Pool
9.15am – Coach to leave Corby Pool
5.30pm – Estimated return to Corby
Join us on a Big Day Out to Compton Verney Art Gallery and Park, where we will discover the exhibitions and collections on offer in the award-winning art gallery, set in an 18th-century mansion and surrounded by 120 acres of parkland.
We will have the opportunity to stroll around the beautiful and tranquil landscape (which includes a lake and adventure playground!), as well as exploring the art gallery’s six diverse collections of work from around the world.
Entry to the fascinating Marvellous Mechanical Museum exhibition is also included in the trip. Reimagining the spectacular machine exhibitions of the 18th century, this exhibition explores how these objects have entertained and amazed us through the years, and includes rare, historic mechanisms alongside artwork by contemporary artists.
For more information about Compton Verney or the exhibitions on show, visit www.comptonverney.org.uk
Tickets and Booking: £8 per adult, £5 per child
– Free essential carer tickets available for those accompanying a person with a disability.
– Anyone under the age of 18 MUST be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
– Including return coach travel and entrance to Compton Verney, exhibitions and park.
– Coaches leave from and return to Corby International Swimming Pool.
– Lunch is not included in the price, so please bring your own lunch or feel free to purchase lunch at the venue.
– Please contact us if you have any specific access needs
– The coach can accommodate folding wheelchairs only
– The coach can stow buggies/pushchairs
– For access specific to Compton Verney, visit http://www.comptonverney.org.uk/plan-your-visit/access/
To book your place, visit www.madeincorby.eventbrite.co.uk or call the office on 01536 267 895