Visual Artist/Crafts Workshop Facilitator required
Visual Artist/Crafts Workshop Facilitator require for Connecting Corby launch event on Sunday 24th March 2019
Made in Corby is a programme of new arts activities focussing on working with local communities, artists, arts and voluntary organisations, businesses and the public in Corby to ensure that the arts are at the heart of positive change in the town and the borough.
Made in Corby will be running a series of launch events for Connecting Corby; a new intergenerational project that seeks to bring people together on the estates of Exeter, Lloyds, Kingswood and Hazel Leys, creating new friendships across the generations and empowering local residents to plan activities for their community.
We are looking for a local visual artist/facilitator to deliver a one-off workshop for one of these launch events. This workshop must support a varied group of participants to create objects or items to take away with them. The objects should be able to be created on a drop-in, rolling basis with minimal artist guidance and in not more than 30mins. The event runs from 11-4pm with breaks. The facilitator is responsible for supplying their own materials, although Made in Corby will cover reasonable materials cost as set out in your proposal. Please budget for approximately 70 participants throughout the day.
- Experience and understanding of working in collaboration and a commitment to community engagement
- To provide a workshop that can be delivered on a rolling basis throughout the day and is suitable for all ages and abilities
- To work in a fully inclusive and accessible manner
- DBS certificate dated within the past 2 years and valid public liability insurance of at least £5million
- To comply with risk assessment and monitoring procedures for the project
- Must be available for the full day on Sunday 24th March 2019.
The Fee for delivery of this workshop is £250 inclusive of all other expenses plus an additional budget for materials. Please outline these costs in your proposal.
How to apply
Send us your CV, a short description of the activity you would like to deliver and a cost breakdown of the materials you will require to email@example.com
Apply before 9am on Thursday 28th February.