Made in Corby is a programme of new arts activities focussing on working with local communities, artists, arts and voluntary organisations, businesses and the public in Corby to ensure that the arts are at the heart of positive change in the town and the borough.
Made in Corby have received a grant from the Big Lottery, via Awards for All, to increase our engagement with diverse communities. This funding will provide the opportunity for a community panel to commission an artist to deliver community art workshops and create a celebration event in Autumn 2018. The Community Panel will be made up of current residents in the Corby Borough who were born outside of the UK.
The project will work with local communities to commission an artist/s to lead a series of participatory sessions for local families drawing upon cultural heritage culminating in a final event to share the work created and celebrate the different cultural heritages in the town.
We are looking for proposals from Creative Practitioners and Artists from all disciplines to engage participants in a series of 10 creative arts workshops over a number of weeks, culminating in a final performance or product that can be part of the celebration event at the end of the project.
- Experience of working with working with cultural heritage and in community settings
- Experience and understanding of working in collaboration and a commitment to community engagement
- To provide own equipment and/or budget accordingly for materials or equipment needed as part of the activity
- To work in a fully inclusive and accessible manner
- DBS certificate dated within the past 2 years and valid public liability insurance of at least £5million
- To comply with risk assessment and monitoring procedures for the project
The programme of activity will decided by a panel of community members, therefore the project dates are not yet set. We will need the artists/practitioners have a good degree of flexibility and be able to visit groups across Corby potentially across different days and times.
The fee for this commission is £4500. Please outline your costs for the series of workshops and how it can be scaled up or down if necessary. The fee is to be inclusive of all artist delivery fees (workshops and final event), travel, accommodation, equipment, materials and project management.
The appointment will be made to an organisation or as a freelance contract, the organisation/practitioner having the status of a self-employed person responsible for all tax liabilities and National Insurance or similar contributions.
Applications will be assessed by a community decision-making panel, who will work with the Made in Corby team to select the Artists.
On two sides of A4 only, please tell us:
- Your proposal for creative workshops as part of the project and accompanying budget
- Brief outline of your experience
- Relevant examples of your work
- A referee whom we may contact as part of the selection process
- The best way to contact you
Deadline for Applications: Monday 9th April 2018
Please email applications to email@example.com
For an informal discussion about the project, call 01536 267895.
Made in Corby is committed to equal opportunities. We are working to achieve diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community. If you require additional support in making an application or would like this information in an alternative format, please contact the office on 01536 267895 / firstname.lastname@example.org