Arts with Older People – Community Gathering
November 14 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pmFree
Community Gatherings – your chance to be in the know about the arts in Corby.
New to the Made In Corby programme, Community Gatherings are your chance to join us for an informal discussion about an area of arts practice. Over a meal, we’ll hear from a renowned arts leader and then have the opportunity to discuss our views and explore what could happen here in Corby. Each Community Gathering is linked to one of Made In Corby’s priorities, so if you’re interested in the arts in general, have a specific interest in the topic or a simply curious, then join us to be inspired and to explore the possibilities.
This community gathering focuses on Arts with Older People.
Emma Robinson, Arts and Creativity Programme Manager for Age Cymru, will be joining us to explore how arts projects can be delivered with and for older people. Emma is responsible for the Gwanwyn Festival, a month-long festival celebrating creativity in older age across Wales, and cARTrefu, a programme which aims to improve access to quality arts experiences for older people in residential care.
Over afternoon tea, Emma will be sharing some of the inspirational, and unusual, projects Age Cymru run for older people. We’ll also be seeking your views and insights about Arts with Older People.
Tickets and Booking
– Places are limited so BOOKING IS ESSENTIAL.
– If you have any dietary requirements please let us know.
– All under 18’s must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
– If you are having difficulties booking through Eventbrite please call the office on 01536 27895
– This event is for people who live, work, study or are a regular member of a group based in the Corby Borough. This includes Corby, Great Oakley, East Carlton, Cottingham, Middleton, Rockingham, Gretton, Weldon, Little Stanion and Stanion.